The species of microorganisms in Sporzyme are selected for their unique ability to produce increased amounts of digestive enzymes and fermentation capabilities. Sporzyme contains four strains of bacillus sp. that facilitate the breakdown of manure created by animal production. These microorganisms are effectively seeded as manure is excreted from the animal and therefore give producers benefits above and below slats.
Using a feed program with Sporzyme, producers can expect:
- Decreased odors inside confinement buildings
- Increased manure consistency during pumping and, therefore, increased NPK in solution
- Reduced building washout times
- Decreased crusting and insect problems
- Increased in-vivo enzyme production
- Decreased manure agitation resulting in reduced fuel costs
The product is composed of thermo-and-antibiotic-stable bacillus spores. Sporzyme contains 4.36 x 1012 CFU/lb suspended on a carrier. Sporzyme is used at a rate of one pound per ton of complete feed.